Tucker EMS Ltd Electrical engineers and contractors

About Us

Tucker EMS was formed in 1982 by Mr Phillip Tucker, trading in partnership with his wife Tricia under Tucker Electrical and Mechanical Services. In 2006 Tucker EMS was formed as a Limited company with Phil's brother Mike and daughter Louise joining Phil and Tricia as directors.

Our base is in South Devon comprising of office, workshop and storage space.

For the last 30 years Tucker EMS has enjoyed gradual growth to its current size.

We have an employed expanding qualified workforce with well equipped vans, which are fully fitted with tools, test equipment and common spares.

Certifications

We have fully certified access equipment – Nifty lift 120T and Small Scissor Lift. Our engineers have IPAF access and harness licences.

History

Quarrying and Electrical Engineering is in our blood, for many generations the Tuckers have been involved in Mining, Quarrying and Electrical Engineering all over the world. The founder of the present business The Late Ron Tucker migrated from the diminishing Cornish mining industry into quarrying in 1954 working as an electrical supervisor at the then ARC Hingston Down Quarry. He progressed to become a Quarry Manager but in 1977 found himself out of work and turned to his roots and started the business serving the local quarrying industry. Over the next few years all his three sons joined the business and more recently his granddaughter Louise joined the family firm after graduating from University with a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. We now have a wide and varied customer base covering the UK.

A typical cable installation by our forefathers

Test Complete Penlee Quarry 1984